Saturday, December 5, 2009

Switch-a-roo Living Room

So, I finally got tired of the mission style matchy matchy coffee table and side table set. It was a great set, and certainly served me and my many roommates (and now husband) well over the years. Nonetheless, it just didn't suite my style anymore so I put it up for sale. I sold it within a few hours of posting it on Craigslist! Here is the before of the back wall of the living room:



I had been loving the glass topped coffee table look that is so popular these days and I thought that would be perfect to open up our living room. Everything I seemed to like, though, was hundreds or thousands of dollars (NOT my budget!). Luckily, I found a beauty with perfect lines at the Junk Exchange sale. It was only $20 and I got some glass cut to fit the top! I added this to the room and rearranged some other furniture pieces to take the place of the old side tables. I LOVE how open and functional this space is! No wasted room, more storage, more openness in the center of the room! I moved the lamps to the back sofa table and I LOVE it!

No comments:

Post a Comment